January 25, 2009

The Solutions Focus

Today I joined the workshop related to the solution focus.

One of the ways to apply the NLP to consulting service is the solution focus approach for me.

Before I learned NLP, I could understand why the Solution Focus Approach (SFA) works. But now I sometimes use this SFA in my consulting and always utilize it when I manage my team members.

SFA can be contrasted with Problem Focus Approach (PFA).
Traditional consulting approach to solving problems is PFA, where you analyze the problems, identify the root causes, and discuss how to solve them.
On the other hand, SFA looks for what you want to have happen (=solution) and find what has already taking you towards the solution, amplifying the useful things that are going on.

Especially for the problems related to human being, analyzing the problems does not always work. It tends to be discussion who is to blame. Cause of problem is not always linked to solution.

So, depends on the situation, using SFA as well as PFA is very important to my consulting service. I will pursue this multiple approaches to enhance my consulting service.

No comments:

Post a Comment