March 20, 2009

Label + Experience = Insight

There are two types of process to get deep insight.

One is that label (word) is first, and experience follows it.
The other one is that experience first and is labelled later.

For example, business theory without any related experiences is just like rumor.
Only substantial experience can make the theory to be deeply understood and insight.

On the other hand, a lot of experiences can be generalized by theory then
those can result in deep insight.

I often read Peter F. Drucker's books ten years ago when I was studying in a business school.
But, I think I did not understand them at all, because I did not have enough experience of management. Now, I understand Drucker much better, but I'm sure, ten year later, I will look back and think that my current understanding is not enough at all.

Experience is really crown jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment